Thursday, December 11, 2008

New President of local professional association

Well, I will be the President of the Tennessee Valley Professional Photographers Association for 2009. We currently meet in Huntsville, Alabama. Our membership is all over northern Alabama, and we have one member from Tennessee. Our purpose is to increase professionalism and help each other to keep getting better at not only photography but at doing business.

I have been a member of this TVPPA since about 1993. I have been a professional (including all the necessary business licenses, taxes, and insurance) since 1988. I served as secretary of the organization for several years in the late '90s. It is a privilege to meet with my peers and to be a part of continuing the education and help that the TVPPA has given to many over the years. TVPPA and its member photographers/mentors have been a big influence in my photographic business.

Labels: , , , , ,